Total Pets Rescued So Far This Year - 344. Total Pets Adopted Since The Year 2000 - 2,925.
Leave the Angora on the Rack:
Have you ever heard a rabbit scream? PETA Asia's shocking new undercover investigation reveals that angora rabbits have their fur ripped from their skin fistful by fistful as they scream in pain. These gentle and quiet animals have to be in agony to cry out in this way. They endure this torture every three months for up to five years. And 90% of the world's angora, used to make sweaters and accessories, comes from China, where there areno penalties for the abuse of animals on farms and no standards to regulate their treatment.
Watch the undercover footage below, share it with everyone you know, and pledge to leave angora off your holiday shopping list!
What we do is simple. We rescue animals from some of the most unforgiving places.
- Our Own Backyard: Abandoned dogs and cats suffer from starvation, lack of companionship and exposure to the extreme weather conditions of Calgary’s reservations and dumping areas every day. Learn more about Rez Dogs...
- The Notorious Dumping Ground Pits of Mexico: There is no such thing as a humane death in these pits, where dogs are either mauled to death due to starvation in crammed conditions, or electrocuted to death. Learn more about these dumping grounds and hoarders...
- Overcrowded Animal Shelters: Hundreds of dogs and cats are on death row simply because the shelters lack the resources to continue to provide proper care for them. Visit our Spay & Neuter Information page...
- Natural Disasters: When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, our team was there to rescue dogs who had been left behind.
- Dog Training and Rehabilitation in Calgary & Bow Valley Region.
But we could have never given so many dogs and cats a second chance without your support.
Our adopters, donors, fosterers and volunteers are the reason why - in 2011 alone - we were able to rescue over 350 dogs and cats. For that, we thank you!